Our favorite recipe from our DIY Natural Holiday Gifts Workshop last night was by far the Bath Bombs! Here is the recipe & instructions we followed to make the Lavender Bath Bomb.
- 1/2 cup Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Citric Acid
- 1 TBLSP Almond Oil
- 10 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 TBLSP Lavender Bath Salts
- Add a pinch of dried lavender flowers in the mold before adding the bath bomb mixture along with a sprinkle of the bath salts.
- Witch Hazel for spritzing
- Clear Dome Shaped Mold
* Yields: 1 full bath bomb & 1 half bomb
- BLEND the citric acid and baking soda – this step is super important – if you don’t blend well, you end up with a grainy bomb.
- Add any additional non-liquid ingredient (clay, salts, etc.)
- Add any oils (almond, jojoba, olive, melted coconut, etc.), butters (melted shea, avocado, etc.).
- Add your essential oils to your personal scent preference.
- Now, this is the difficult part. Spritz (with a squirt bottle) the witch hazel onto your batch while stirring with the other hand. When your batch sticks together when squished, you need to start putting it in molds – time is of the essence. If you wait too long, the mixture will get hard. If you spritz too much, the mixture will be too wet and “grow” (start the fizzing reaction) on you.
- Put the bombs in molds. The harder you pack the bath bombs, the more dense, heavy, and durable bomb you will get. Wait a few minutes and tap them out. Let them air dry for 3 or 4 hours.